10 Ways to Increase Your Email SecurityDilsu Tanal
Most companies today rely on high-quality cloud services to protect themselves from a possible attack. Although these tools increase email security, they cannot provide full protection without employee effort. That’s why your employees need to pay attention to certain things to protect both their own information and the company. So, this is exactly what this article is about. You can take your company’s security to the next level with several email security methods. Here are 10 ways to increase your email security!
10 Ways to Increase Your Email Security
- Be extra wary of fake email addresses.
- Make sure the sender’s email address is exactly the same as the company name and format.
- Be careful to avoid links embedded in email messages.
- Scan all emailed attachments for malware.
- Be on the lookout for phishing emails.
- Constantly update your mail processor, operating system and web browser.
- Be wary of emails from an unknown sender.
- Investigate the source of suspicious-looking emails.
- Be careful not to open potentially malicious documents or links in unknown emails.
- Most importantly, try to act rationally, not quickly. Question your email security if you receive too many of the same email.
10 Ways to Increase Your Email Security: Strategies to Follow to Ensure Email Security
Security awareness and employee training also play an important role in preventing cyberattacks. Effective training can change a lot, so companies should not neglect training. The first strategy you can follow to improve email security is to take advantage of our Cybersecurity Awareness Trainer. With the regular and interactive trainings offered by our tool, you can train all your employees according to their level and follow their progress.
Unfortunately, user behavior can never be fully predicted. Therefore, every company needs an effective email security solution. This is the best way to create a safe environment and reduce the risk of human error. You can use our Email Threat Simulator for this. Our simulator uses simulation to detect vulnerabilities in your email systems. It sends fake emails to detect problems that may arise. It detects and reports whether these fake and dangerous emails have penetrated your system. This way, you can repair weak spots in your system before real attacks.
Our last recommendation for you is layered security protection. This is because you cannot be completely protected from email threats with spam filtering or traditional antivirus software. For this, you need more to effectively protect against modern email threats. Cyber attacks are becoming more common and sophisticated every day. So, a multi-layered approach and defense in depth are essential to resisting hackers. By using layers of security, companies can integrate advanced cloud systems into their email security. Working in harmony, these layers are more effective at preventing email attacks than any standalone protection method.