Best Anti Phishing SolutionsRodi KILIÇ
Best Anti Phishing Solutions – Phishing scams are a very serious and often costly issue that any email owner experiences at least once in their lifetime.
Unfortunately, phishing doesn’t come in just one manner. It would have been very easy to defend against if that were the case. Phishing reflects an array of various destructive methods used by cybercriminals to steal personal information from end-users.
1. Some Approaches To Phishing Are:
- Deceptive phishing – the most popular form of phishing most email users come across. Attackers mimic legal institutions, such as the bank, aiming to trick users via a phishing link to revealing their details.
- Spear-phishing – a more specific type of phishing than deceptive phishing. Cybercriminals who use spear-phishing first do a thorough job of gathering information about their victims, particularly via social networking platforms, before using a similar-looking email address to trick the receiver of the email.
- CEO fraud (whaling) – targeted mainly at administrators, such as CEOs or any other employee with access to corporate accounts. Generally used for either to allow an unauthorised movement of money to an illegal bank account or to acquire wage and tax statements for employees.
As well as the email phishing methods mentioned above, there are also other methods which focus on attacking via phone (vishing), IP (pharming), and text messages (smishing).
2. Which Anti-Phishing Techniques Are Most Beneficial?
According to Keepnet Labs, the estimated cost of a single spear-phishing attack is $1.6 million.
In order to evade falling for the tricks of phishing attacks and losing a lot of money, you should:
- Educate employees on how to identify and deal with phishing attacks. Stimulate mock phishing scenarios.
- Provide straightforward and succinct company policies and regulations regarding managing sensitive customer data.
- Reporting any unusual email patterns.
- Use an encrypted HTTPS connection to ensure secure login.
- Install antivirus software and spam detection.
- Use add-ons and browser plugins which will prevent clicking on harmful links.
3. Which Anti-Phishing Strategies Can You Use?
Maintaining strong corporate protocols and training workers about what to do if they detect a phishing attempt is just one part of shielding the company’s emails against an expensive phishing attempt.
In relation to this, you will need to use the best anti-phishing apps as well.
Here are five of the leading anti-phishing software that will help against attack attempts:
- Email Threat Simulator – Our Email Threat Simulator module regularly tests your technological investments, using simulation logic to mimic the attack vectors targeting organisations through your email services.
- Cyber Threat Intelligence – The Threat Intelligence module scans the web, searching for signals and data that may represent a breach of your data security and a threat to your business.
- Incident Responder – The Incident Responder module allows users to report suspicious emails with one click, sending an email’s content to us for header, body and attachment analysis.
- Security Awareness Training – The Awareness Educator is tightly integrated with our Phishing Simulator module to automatically funnel users who are caught by our phishing simulations into appropriate and engaging e-learning courses.
- Threat Sharing – Built to extend the capability and effectiveness of our patent-pending Incident Response platform, our Threat Sharing technology acts as an early warning network for all participants.
Phishing can be harmful and expensive for an email user. It is not enough to just rely on your’s and your employees’ ability to identify phishing attacks to prevent phishing scams.
That’s why you need to start using some of the anti-phishing solutions listed above to protect your account from spam emails that are intended to steal any sensitive data from you or your employees.
Always ensure that the anti-phishing database is updated consistently and responsive when choosing an anti-phishing solution.
At Keepnet Labs, we weigh the implications that fraudulent emails and phishing pose, which is why we use an anti-phishing technique that can be seen in your email address. This phrase will alert you of any attempts at phishing on your account.
If you want to experience the best email protection and privacy available, sign up for Keepnet Labs’ incident responder.
Author: Rodi Kilic