Suspicious Email Reporter and Analysis ToolOrhan Sari
1- Reporting a Suspicious Email
It is a high possibility or a matter of time that you can receive a phishing email, a harmless email pretending to be from a trusted source, website or business. However, there can be something about it which makes you suspicious about it, such as incorrect grammar, wording, even misspelt words. Or it can be a demand for sensitive data such as social security number, credit card information. If a company employees receive a phishing email, it can jeopardise all business. So, what should businesses do once a suspicious email gets to the inbox of their employees? Keepnet Phishing reporter is an excellent solution for this.
2- Solution – Keepnet Phishing Reporter
How do SOC (1) teams remove successful phishing attacks from users’ inboxes or reduce cyber risk? How can you prevent people from being victimized by a ransomware attack that is in users’ email? phishing outlook add-in
Here is a gift that will enable you to contain malicious emails with one click. With Keepnet Labs phishing reporter, users can report suspicious emails immediately and directly to the system administrator, SOC or CSIRT (2) team! With Keepnet Labs Phishing reporter plugin, phishing e-mails are quickly reported. It should not be forgotten that if the suspicious e-mail is not deleted and reported, a possible early warning indicator will be discarded.
3- What is Keepnet Labs Phishing Reporter Plugin?
It is a button on Microsoft Outlook’s menu bar that allows the user to report phishing attacks or suspicious emails to the relevant people. This provides SOC teams with the ability to detect attacks early, mitigate the impact, and block user-based attacks against malicious email.
4- Benefits of Keepnet Labs Phishing Reporter Plugins
The direct benefit to email user;
- Employees report aggressive attacks with a single click.
- Early “Phishing” warnings are taken from users and a cyber “sensor” network is created.
- The user is notified of this correct action when he/she clicks on the “Report Phishing” (3) button in a simulated Phishing security test.
- It allows the user to send a suspicious email to analysis services and get a risk score.
- Institution’s security culture extends.
- Employees receive immediate feedback that improves their awareness.
Benefits to the security operation centre (SOC)
- Unwanted emails can be deleted from the user’s email box with information received from the command centre.
- It reports suspicious email message based on users
- If the existing security measures are inadequate for analysis, detection and prevention, it gives the occasion to benefit from Keepnet Labs analysis services.
- It provides more effective security measures with integration with third-party systems (Siem, firewall etc.)
4- Easy Reporting Option
It ensures the notifications to be transferred to different platforms and reporting the possibility
- It can convert to automatic call in help desk
- It can register for a central register server
- It may make a positive note to the user due to his/her conscious behaviour in the Keepnet Labs Security Awareness Platform,
5- Using The Phishing Reporter Add-in
Once you have logged in to the Keepnet Labs management interface, the Outlook Add-in menu helps you prepare custom plugins.
6- Installation Documents for Administrators
It is very easy to deploy the Keepnet Labs Phishing Reporter add-in-in using the central installation tools in corporate networks.
For installation instructions and sample installation videos, please contact with Keepnet Support Team.
7- Sample Use phishing outlook add-in
1. Once a user clicks on the “Phishing Reporting” button to report a suspicious email and The reporting tools asks if the user wishes to delete the original email or not. See the screenshot below phishing outlook add-in
2. The user is informed of this conscious behaviour. phishing outlook add-in
Editor’s note: This blog is updated on 9 July 2020.