Social Engineering Threats
Dr. Erdal Ozkaya:
Social engineering is an art of manipulating behaviour using specially crafted communication techniques. A social engineer is a hacker who uses brains instead of technical computer processes. Social engineers are hackers who use the weakness that is found in nearly every organisation, the human factor. By using a variety of techniques and tools, a social engineer can make phone calls and or use social media, or email services to trick people into delivering their sensitive information or credentials.
In this webcast, Mr Ozkaya is going to discuss social engineering threats, by focusing on different titles. He will discuss topics like
- What is social engineering?
- Social engineering types
- Famous social engineering cases
- Strengthening the first line of defence (the technological measures)
- Enhancing the last line of defence ( the human factor)
- Other effective solutions (Incident response tools)